Complaint Resolution

Informal Resolution:

The first step a student should take in resolving a concern or complaint is to directly address the faculty member, staff member, or student in question. There may be times in which a student might feel uncomfortable directly addressing the faculty or staff member in question. If this is the case, the student should speak to the academic dean concerning a faculty member, the Vice President of Academic Affairs concerning an academic dean, or to the Director or Associate Vice President concerning the business or other services issue. If the issue is with another student, and the student with the concern is uncomfortable addressing the other student, he or she may contact the Vice President of Student Affairs, Vice President of the Williamson Campus, or the Site Coordinator at their campus. If there is no resolution at that level, the student may file a formal, written complaint.


Formal Resolution:

Students who have attempted informal resolution to their complaint and need further resolution may file a formal complaint. Students should fully complete and submit the electronic Student Complaint Form. This form will be submitted to the appropriate Vice President over the area in which the student has a concern. The Vice President (or designee) will conduct an investigation within 10 working days of receiving the complaint. The Vice President (or designee) will communicate the outcome of the investigation to the student in no more than 30 working days of receiving the complaint.

Choose the appropriate form to complete.