Are You a…
Definition: You have attended another college and are interested in receiving a degree with us.
Not every college career ends on the same campus it begins. Goals change, priorities shift and what seemed the right fit initially can over time prove less so. No matter the reason, we’re happy you’re looking at Columbia State as the next step in your college education.
READY TO APPLY?
You’re just a few steps away!
- Complete an Application:
- Request Documentation
- Request that your official high school or GED transcripts, as well as transcripts from each college attended, be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Request test scores if needed for course prerequisites or specific programs such as Nursing, Respiratory Care, Radiologic Technology or Veterinary Technology.
- Test Scores
- Students under the age of 21 or those applying to the Nursing, Respiratory Care or Radiologic Technology programs must request official scores be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Immunization Information
The General Assembly of the State of Tennessee mandates that each public or private postsecondary institution in the state provide information concerning measles, mumps, rubella, varicella and hepatitis B infections to all new degree seeking students. Please submit the Immunization Health History Form to the Admissions Office.
- If you are a military veteran or classified as active duty military personnel, providing documentation of your military status will exempt you from further proof of immunization.
- Proof of Citizenship / Lawful Presence
- The Tennessee Eligibility Verification for Entitlements Act (EVEA) (TCA 4-58-101 et seq.) requires state public institutions of higher education to verify that persons seeking a “state public benefit” such as in-state tuition are either a “United States citizen” or “lawfully present” in the United States. Please visit this page for more information.
- Receive Acceptance
- An email and a letter of acceptance will be sent to you from the Office of Admissions and Recruitment letting you know your NEXT STEPS.
Please note: If you already have a college degree, click more information about eligible program options available to you